Friday, December 14, 2012

Last day of Christmas Decorations and other stuff

I've left these tree ornies for the last day, they are very special to me as they were made by Corinne when she was 3yrs old  which only seems like yesterday to me, we used to sit together making all sorts of crafty things on our "Nanny days" as she used to call them .....well she 20yrs old now attending University  and all grown up but she is interested in craft and sewing in general so that really pleases me. 
 


 
Love the paper chains she made,  who knows how long they will hold together, they are a bit faded now.



 
This is a favourite of mine that I  made years ago.....love the legs on these guys..... why don't we put the date on them at the time ?.... hmmmmm I have started doing that now as its surprising how old some of the decorations are.

 
This Santa is another favourite........ they are all favourites really.

 
Now to show you some of the lovely birthday gifts I received from friends and family, I was so lucky to get so many special gifts.
 
Wow this tree was made by my Mel (DIL) and yes they have all been eaten, disgusting I know.....
 
 
Sandi made this cute little hanging.

 
 
Norreen gave me these lovely cups and they will now be used by us on our dolly making saturdays.

 
Gifts from family and Tuesday girls.



 
Gavan gave me this cup and saucer for the table on the patio.


I did have a lovely day on Sunday and I enjoyed being spoilt but I think from now on that I will start counting backwards so I will feel better.

Looking through my pictures today I realised that I hadn't shown a finished photo of this quilt.....

                                                      "My Favourite Things" by Anni Downs.


I have enjoyed blog hopping checking out everyones decorations in the "One Week of Christmas" organised by Cheryll so pop over and have a look at the other blogs, so many great ideas and beautiful projects ..... I have started my "To Do List" for next year...... I didn't really say that did I ?

9 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh so special Helen. I have loved visiting your gorgeous Christmas displays.

Susan said...

Lovely goodies and well done on My favourite Things - it looks lovely

Nicola said...

Everything is beautiful, the quilt is superb and your children's ornaments so precious.

Noela said...

Lovely post Helen. Christmas and birthdays. Mine is coming up so maybe I will start going backwards now too. Hugs.....

FleurBleue said...

The home made ones are my favourite ones too.

F x

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all your Decorations and Birthday Goodies...
Congrats on finishing your Quilt it looks Great...
Nothing wrong with List lol
cheers

Anonymous said...

love those decorations made by Corrine,they are so precious helen.How cute is the santa and his reindeers,thankyou for sharing Helen.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

your Anni Downs quilt is beautiful........well done.......

pepepatchwork said...

Love pink version. Sooo cute!