Thursday, September 08, 2016

A happy but sad goodbye....... a little splendid......


Our beautiful Corinne (g/daugther) who has been living with us for the past 3 1/2 years is now on a wonderful adventure..... she has moved to Japan to live and work for 18 months or so.
I will miss her sooooo much but I am excited for her as well.
It is so easy to keep in touch these days even though she is so far away and I know that there might be a little holiday to visit her in the new year......







Miss you heaps.....
gosh she has only been away a little over a week.....
silly aren't I ?

Splendid Sampler

Block 51 ..... Coneflower


Block 53....Whirling In Circles


Block 54...... Shell


Block 56.....At Home Anywhere


Block 57.... Starting Point


Block 58..... Homeward Bound

I used a Japanese range of fabric for this block......
Hopefully it won't be tooooo long until Corinne will return from Japan.


Blcok 59..... Circle of Friendship

I used pretty cheerful fabric for this block as it reminded me of my friends.....


That's it folks

Toodles......

7 comments:

Summer said...

These are pretty! All the best to your daughter ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen ,oh this post tugs at my heart I can see you are missing Corriene so much ,hope the time goes quick and she is back with you before you know it and what a great experience for her as well xx

Fiona said...

all the best to Corinne in Japan.... a lovely experience but I know too well the heartsore of family living far away.... YOur blocks are lovely too.... at least we can sew while we think of them!
Hugz

Leanne said...

Hello Helen
Hang in there buddy, I know you miss Corinne. Its hard to let them go off and do their thing.

Love your blocks.

Maria said...

Will be lovely to visit Corrines in Japan gran...
All your blocks look fabulous Helen.. I am falling way behind.

Lynda said...

Not silly at all. Corinne has always had a special place in your heart and always will. A holiday in Japan is definitely something to look forward to.

Michelle Ridgway said...

That will be such a wrench for you. Marvellous adventure for Corinne. Your SS blocks are gorgeous x