Sunday, November 22, 2015

An unexpected outing

What a lovely unexpected outing I had with Sandi the other day....

Just one of those outings without a plan.
We went to spotlight at Springfield Orion and to our surprise there is a new Target shop there with a cafe ........ and they do High Tea for 2 so naturally we had to give it a try.



We were so happy with it too...... 
we will have to take Norreen and Teresa for a visit.


Its not a big flash high tea as you can see but very enjoyable.
The scones were fantastic .....

Once again I don't have any photos of our Tuesday get together but maybe it's just as well,

I was making more Miss Matty's hexie blocks..... 

Looks good in this photo but earlier in the day it didn't look so good at all.

I put the centre hexie on wrong side up and what a pain it was to unpick.....
tiny little stitches...... grrrrrrr 
So  at the end of the day I had make 1 hexie,,,,,, how's that for a days work ?


Here's another that I did on monday....


I'm really enjoying this project..... 
I think I might put a countdown thingee on my side bar ....
just for fun of course, I need 323 hexies some plain ....

Till next time.....

Toodles



6 comments:

Michelle said...

wow that is alot of hexies!!! Love the ones you have done though!!! Surprise days out are the best! High tea looked good!

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a nice bo us to have an impromptu high tea...looks very nice too. Love your hexies...wow that many will keep you busy xx

Susan said...

High Tea in Target....things have changed... I think a countdown is a great idea - 323?? how many a week can you do??

Maria said...

What a lovely surprise outing Helen and that looks like a fabulous High Tea for Two!!!
It was well worth the time to unpick your hexie as it looks great..

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen,oh our target here doesn't have a cafe,lol,the food does look yummy. Wow those hexies are gorgeous and I like the idea of a countdown,it will keep you motivated I think xx

KERYN B said...

That looks like a lovely high tea..your hexie looks wonderful.