Tuesday, September 01, 2015

A confession...... where do I begin ??????

at the beginning I guess......

I have a long overdue UFO.... now is this so terrible ?

Well for me it is, I have always had a lot of pride in finishing my projects....
except for this one...... but checking in my sewing room I have allowed a couple more to join in.

So my true confession is !!!!!!

"Romantic" candlewick quilt......

(head hanging in shame)
I started it in 2007 and it has been an on and mostly off relationship.....
I was hand quilting and I had done half of the blocks in feather quilting each corner and intended to do feather quilting around the border.
Unfortunately now I'm having sooooo much trouble with my hands that hand quilting is now out of the question so I unpicked all the quilting and have now finished it with simple machine quilting.

It's finished....... tadaaaaaa








Last Friday I was a very brave girl......
back to the dentist but this time I needed a root canal so more treats for me.



Norreen brought me these beautiful Daffodils to brighten my day and she certainly did.

Thanks Nor.



Toodles.....



6 comments:

KERYN B said...

Doesn't matter how long it takes, a beautiful finish is a beautiful finish well done.

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen this quilt is amazing well done my friend and I agree with what Karen said,how gorgeous is Nors,those flowers are beautiful xx

Christine M said...

Your quilt is beautiful, Helen. Well done!

Kaylee said...

The quilt is truly gorgeous... I have made a few candle wicking cushion covers which I have loved doing but this is a huge project...

Fiona said...

your quilt is gorgeous... I bet you're happy you have finally finished it...
Hugz

Jen said...

Well done Helen, it looks gorgeous.