Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hush hush ..... shopping and a finish....

This  is very hush hush...... so this is as much as I can show for now, stay tuned.


I joined the Jigsaw club at Patchwork with BusyFingers hopefully I can get started this week.


My parcel contained this terrific folder with 2 of Sue Daley's little books, hexie papers, templates, needles, cottons and fabric so no excuses not to start.


I was very naughty buying this wonderful fabric pack from Threadbear Patchwork and quilting, I have the pattern for "Miss Matty's Parlour" quilt so looks as though I have something else to start.


I needed a fat 1/4 to make a small project so off to "Sewer's Delight" I went and they were having a sale so my fat 1/4 turned into 4 metres of fabric, the hanger and bobbins...... ho hum I'm so weak I know.....


Now to my finish, Sandi...Teresa...Norreen and me have been making the "Mouse Pincushion"  pattern by "The Birdhouse" and it has been a lot of fun to make.

Well almost a lot of fun.... I was adding the crushed walnut shells today and yep I spilt them everywhere... even in my cuppa, the coffee table, my chair so that slowed me down but I did get it finished.








Its very cute and useful but I think it will look great with my pincushion collection too.

9 comments:

Sandi said...

The pin cushion is not only useful for sewing but for keeping kitties entertained...
Love your fabric purchases...

Sandi said...

The pin cushion is not only useful for sewing but for keeping kitties entertained...
Love your fabric purchases...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the pincushion Helen I have just purchased the pattern....have fun with the BOM,,,

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Beautiful pincushion. There is going to be a lot of lovely show and tell if Natalie comes to visit Sunday Stitchers.
It's great to see I'm not alone in the 'no self-control' department when shopping. I think it needs to become a recognised aliment.

Anonymous said...

lovely purchases there Helen, must have missed the fat 1/4 unless it was hiding behind your meteridge.
love the pin cushion and also hate walnut shells everywhere and its good to see you found the blue pom pom for the top

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous buys from Threadbear....love that place. Your pincushion is beautiful!!

Dolores said...

Very cute pincushion. It's hard to pass up a sale. My fabric store had a 50% off store and so I walked out with more than I had intended to buy.

Susan said...

Just as well you have finished a few things lately with all these new projects...the pincushio does look so cute.

CatNCart Craft said...

Your mouse pincushion is so cute, sometimes they look too pretty to use.
Judy