Sunday, June 09, 2013

Home alone !!!!!....... but for how long I ask ?


There's nothing like having time at home on my  own..... dog, hubbie and son have gone model flying so the day is mine......

Bright flowers to enjoy and remember my Mum's birthday  yesterday..... she so loved bright flowers.


                                      Great music in the background



                   Apples stewing on the stove for a cake later in the day.


And now for my breakie.... cinnamon toast and English Breakfast tea in my favourite china.


All alone woohooooo

I will be going back to my quilting soon and hopefully I will get heaps done.


                                            But ...... oh no not happening.....

June (g/daughter) just arrived from next door for a little visit ..... how quickly my "alone" day has now gone...... so June helped me make the Apple cake and we had a terrific time laughing and chatting ..... it was fun I must say.

Then Mel (daughter-in-law) just arrived ...... so coffee and more chatting which was also very enjoyable, she brought yummie goodies to eat too.

Oh my here comes Pippa (dog).... Gav and Rob (son)  back from model flying, too windy they said ...... 
well of course that means more coffee,eating and chatting...... a great day really but not the kind I had in mind.

 Not much cake left but I'm sure a piece will be nice with a cappuccino this afternoon.                               



No quilting at this point but it will wait for tomorrow.

Well that's my day in a nutshell...... a good day planned and then it turned into a great family day so I'm happy.

              I hope you have enjoyed your day and did lots of stitching.

11 comments:

Noela said...

My day has been a bit like yours. Chris off the the drags (last minute decision) so I had to do the shopping. Then Kym, Scott and boys arrived for lunch. They have just gone so now a quick look here then off to my quilt room. At least there are leftovers for Chris when he gets home. Hugs.....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Good day for me..some sewing....made some soup in my new thermomix...DH at work...hope you get to sew tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

maybe tomorrow you will get a chance to sew Helen.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful flowers for your Mum...great music and I espied OCR China there... makes everything taste nicer. Sounds like an idyllic day.

Susan said...

What is they say about the best laid plans?? The sewing will just wait til tomorrow - unless the magic quilting fairies visit... if I see them I'll send them your way!

Melody said...

No wonder that cake has been gobbled up, it looks delicious.

Christine M said...

Sounds like you still had a lovely time even if you didn't get to sew! That cake looks very yummy.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very relaxing day with family, much better than the sore shoulders you would have had from quilting. Whoops! didn't mean to mention that LOL
enjoy your weekend, whats left of it

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very relaxing day with family, much better than the sore shoulders you would have had from quilting. Whoops! didn't mean to mention that LOL
enjoy your weekend, whats left of it

Lynda said...

Best sort of day to not go to plan. Cake looks delicious.

6 weeks!

Valspierssews said...

I love the sound of your Sunday. A wonderful full day even if you didn't get to sew.