Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day


Happy Mother's Day 

These bright yellow flowers were my Mum's favourite so I couldn't let this day go by without them in my home..... they just have something that makes me smile.


I spent the morning with Liz and her family at a "Breast Cancer Breakfast" at the boys Sherwood AFL club and I also got to see Clayton play as well...... a special day with family and all money raised went to Cancer research.


Don't  you love Clayton's pink hair ? There is nothing like a big breakfast to start the day especially for growing boys...... they were enjoying it too.


Oooops forgot to take this piccie before I started, it was so yummie.


 All the Mum's made a guard of honour  for the boys to run past which was great for the Mum's and the boys.


Love the pink socks....... I bought some cupcakes at the cake stall so I will enjoy them later today.

                              I hope that they raised lots of money for this terrific cause.


 On the craft front I have caught up with the "Its time for Christmas" BOM in the Homespun magazine which I'm doing with my Tuesday group.

                                                            Block 2




                                                                 Block 3


                          Now I'm off to have a cuppa and maybe a cupcake or 2....... who knows.

8 comments:

Noela said...

Glad you had a wonderful day Helen. I did too. Hugs.....

Susan said...

Sounds like a lovely day - enjoy those cupcakes!

Marilyn said...

That was a great way for the boys team to spend Mothers Day. So pleased you had a lovely day with them.

Sandi said...

Happy Mother's Day Helen,
Glad to see you have had a wonderful day..love the flowers...and your stitcheries...cya tuesday

Sandi said...

Happy Mother's Day Helen,
Glad to see you have had a wonderful day..love the flowers...and your stitcheries...cya tuesday

Anonymous said...

happy mother;s day Helen and i love your blocks.xx

Cheryll said...

Wonderful day Helen... and I just LoVe the blocks at the end of the post. Fantastic! :)

Lynda said...

Looks like the best kind of Mothers' Day Helen. Yellow is such a happy colour - I love yellow chrysanthemums too. Your Christmas blocks are looking wonderful. Go on, fess up - how many cupcakes?