Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I've been too busy to post ... tut tut

 
Sorry more Tassie holiday photos.
 
Here we are in George Town, we found this great place called "Belles Tea house" it is such a quaint place that I could have stayed there for hours and hours.......
 
 
This is the front veranda, isn't this great
 
 
and inside is even better  "old world" and so me
 
 
 
                                          A lovely cup of tea

 
a terrific lunch.... oops nearly forgot to take a photo, the relish on our lunch was sooooo good  we asked the lady where we would be able to buy some and she obliged us with the name "Hill Farm" relish .... it is a Tasmanian product... we have found a place in Brisbane that sells it and yes we have some already.
 
 
The view..... sadly it was a bit overcast that day.
 
 
My only craft shop visit and it was closed.... bad luck for me, good luck for Gav.
                                                 Calico Crossroads
 
View along our way to "The Gorge"
 
 
Gavan on the chairlift
 
 
he is up there if you look very closely
 
 
Me being a person who doesn't like heights sat and waited till he returned, I had  a  lovely visit from this beautiful peacock.
 
 
Well that's it for today but I will be back with more photos soon.
 

12 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great pics Helen. Love the Tea shop. We did the same with Tassie raspberry jam. Loved the gorge....such a lovely surprise. Sorry you missed your shop.

Vickie said...

lovely photos...gorgeous eating place..awww you missed Pauline must of been one of the days she is closed what a bummer...cheers Vickie

Susan said...

I wonder if we could get them to move Belles Tea House to Brisbane - it would be a great place for a blog meet!!! Looks lovely Helen - I'd love to see Tasmania one day . . .

Noela said...

I'm hoping to get to that shop when we go down. Will have to check out the days she is open. Great photos Helen. Hugs......

Anonymous said...

Great pics of Tassie, what a shame the quilt shop was closed :(

Cheryll said...

Oh keep them coming... I'm back enjoying Tassie again... this time with you...lol :)

Marilyn said...

Looks a gorgeous tea house. Great pics - will be watching for the next episode !!!

Cath said...

I love seeing photos of where people are or have been. Love yours. I visited the gorge once and had the most amazing peacock photo opportunity but my darn camera decided to have a hiccup and I missed the shot.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Lynda said...

What a fantastic holiday. I love Tassie and would love to go back. I visited Calico Crossroads.

Anonymous said...

such beautiful places and lovely pics Helen,thankyou for sharing.xx

Fiona said...

I'd love to go to Tassie so it's great seeing all your pictures..
Hugz

Susan said...

Hello Helen, You kindly visited and left a comment on my blog and I didn't realize, as comments weren't coming to my email. I finally figured out how to fix it, due to the Blogger changes that happened when I was AWOL for nearly 12 months.

I've decided you need to be my neighbour!! Or at least in the next town! There are so many things that you have and done that I like. I'm working on the latest fabric lines of the "Earl Grey Moments" as the one you did ran out.

I'm currently having "tea time" fun collecting old china cups, saucers, plates, teapots, tiered cake-stands etc for a mothers day high tea I'm organizing for our church. So seeing all these gorgeous china items in my home at the moment is just beautiful and fun!!

Glad to hear you had a lovely time in good ole Tassie. We've yet to add that to our list of travels.
Regards,
Susan