Friday, September 02, 2011

Off to a good start

What is your ironing board wearing this season? 

   I know ..... silly question..... mine is now wearing a little pieced number made out of scraps and of course the iron has its own block to stand on. I got the pattern from the Moda site, I haven't quilted it as they seem to wear out so fast seemed to be a waste of time, I just popped it over the old one .... now I have to make a cover for my old chair as its looking a bit unhappy being left out.

You really would think I have more important things to do and yes you are right .... I have..... but its nice to do something quick and easy for a change, it really cheers up the sewing too.
 

Oh well off to the next project.
I hope you are having a good day and getting lots of stitching done.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helen what great projects and they are so bright and cheery,i love the colours you have chosen,well done

Unknown said...

Great Job on the Ironing Board Cover Helen it looks Great..
cheers

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are way too cleaver....

Jeanette said...

Love the iron board cover. Look fabulous. Happy Stitching,

Lynda said...

Looks fantastic Helen.

De said...

Ironing board cover looks great! A new one is on my list!

Margaret said...

How smart is that ? What a good idea.

Valspierssews said...

I saw that pattern at the bakeshop. Yours looks fabulous. Is that a little thread catcher too? My ironing board is in desperate need of a new cover. Maybe I will put that on my White Rabits to do list for September.
Thanks for the inspiration :)

Yana said...

nice cover! you probably don't feel like ironing on it to keep it looking fresh and pretty :)