Sunday, March 13, 2011

A March finish

I really do need a new quilt holder this one just isn't doing it right..... hahahaha..... I said " Don't stretch it when you hold it"   hmmmmm  and then the wind came so it looks a bit out of shape but you get the general idea I think.....   this is my "Friends in Stitching" BOM quilt and I'm very pleased with the end result even if I say so myself. I might try and get a better photo when my friends come on Tuesday, they know how to hold a quilt properly hehehehe.

I did the quilting with the new..... Flossie.....sewing machine  and it did make the job a lot easier, the large throat sure makes all the difference.


Here is the quilt label.... each of our members received one from Sarah who is the organiser of our online group and the lady who keeps us on track,  it also came with a tea bag and a little card with a beautiful verse (here), I posted about it earlier..... thank you Sarah it was a lovely surprise.



11 comments:

Tess said...

Well done Helen, your quilt is lovely and so is the label.

Unknown said...

Your Quilt is Gorgeous Helen well done on a Finish...
Love the B/G Fabric it goes Beautifully with the Front..
cheers

Chookyblue...... said...

super Helen it is finished........well done.......

Joy said...

It looks great Helen ... and your border and backing fabric is simply delicious, LOVE it!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Cubby House Crafts said...

Your quilt is just beautiful!
Lisa

Michelle Ridgway said...

It's lovely Helen. All that piecing makes me scared just thinking about it. You have done a wonderful job. Hats off to the quilt holder too. Tee Hee!!!!

Marilyn said...

That is beautiful Helen. Love those fabrics and colours.

Lynda said...

A beautiful quilt Helen. Lovely to see it finished.

Anonymous said...

looks great Helen, well done, I am getting mine back this week and will just have to bind it, good feeling having another finish :)

Michelle said...

Well done on the quilt, it's beautiful! Just spent the last hour reading your blog, you certainly have done some beatiful stitching. I am now a follower,
Happy stitching, Michelle.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow Helen....how good does your quilt look, well done....Your Flossie was guided well...